Wednesday, January 25, 2006

No Good

I know that I’m trying to stop the tide, and I’ve moved too far from the mainstream. But then again, I guess I always was.

Mr Alito’s personal and political views and philosophy are incompatible with the Constitution of the United States, as are those of the bush administration. We can be sure from his history, that he will do what he is told.

I don’t see any good coming from this.

Now would be a good time to call your senators and tell them to filibuster Alito. Tell them to look into their kids’ eyes and ask themselves what kind of America they want for them. We can see what kind the bushistas want. And it ain’t pretty.

Your servant here, he has been told
to say it clear, to say it cold:
It's over, it ain't going
any further
And now the wheels of heaven stop
you feel the devil's riding crop
Get ready for the future:
it is murder

Things are going to slide, slide in all directions
Won't be nothing
Nothing you can measure anymore
The blizzard, the blizzard of the world
has crossed the threshold
and it has overturned
the order of the soul
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant

from “The Future” by Leonard Cohen

No comments: