Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A call to help

The Bendermans need our help!
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
- Jack Dalton
http://jack-dalton.blogspot.com/2005/11/bendermans-need-our-help.html

I need some folks to dig into their pockets. Here is what this is about and why. Kevin and Monica Benderman need our help. Monica has not asked me to do this; this I do on my own just becase it needs to be done. Here is what I am talking about:Kevin is in jail because, as a matter of conscience, he knew he could not participate in an on-going war crime—Iraq’s invasion and occupation. (See the Benderman Timeline for full details) The Army, when it sent Kevin to jail, sent him 3,000 miles away from the jail at his base in Georgia. The only way Kevin and Monica can talk is by phone. That is a $25 per 20 min call. 3 calls a week is over $300 a month. Add a couple of emergency calls and now its up to about $500 per month. They don’t have the money, period.For the past 4 months I have been paying their house note; I will not sit by and watch Kevin come out of jail to a repossed house! They have zero income right now and nothing at all, other than what I am sending, coming in. The only jobs available to Monica are minimun wage jobs that would throw them even further behind; plus it would eliminate Monica’s ability to keep up the fight to free Kevin…

(
read more)

No comments: