Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A Mirror

…Sadly, our society is rapidly beginning to mirror Bush's character - we are devoid of both sympathy and empathy; we have no compassion for the vulnerable nor for the innocent, we refuse to hear the cries of those who are crushed by our greed….

Super Duper George Bush
April 6, 2005
By Sheila Samples
Democratic Underground


Sadly, this is true. I was talking to two serious bush supporters at work yesterday. Intelligent women with families. They really think he has made all the right decisions. When I asked them what they thought about his plan to privatize SocSec. They thought he was right. When I asked them didn't they care what happened to their kids, they told me they weren't worried, they were all set. When I asked them about all the other children, they said they don't care. Their parents should have got things set up like they did.

When the discussion turned to Iraq, and all the children being killed, again it didn't concern them. The quote is "After all, they're just, just…".

My problem is, is that I can't seem to understand how intelligent people, people with kids, can live a life so lacking of empathy.

I've read that the country tends to reflect whoever is president, which seems to be the case. America is becoming sociopathic.

Well, my friends, this is what you get when a society doesn't care.

Dead childen lying in the rubble of their homes. Every time.

No comments: